Nia’s Moving to Heal
Moving to Heal training dates with Casey
May 16th & 17th 2020 Southend Studio, Burlington, VT
Nia Hq Registration $99
M2H Balance $200 to Casey
March 28th & 29th Rimini, Italy
Nia Hq Registration $99
View Moving to Heal with Casey
Nia Hq registration $99.00
Designed with the unifying theme of healing, the Moving To Heal Teacher Training provides you with the knowledge and skills to deliver therapeutic benefits to students through the Nia class experience. Founded on the art of movement and the philosophy of The Body’s Way, you will learn techniques to successfully engage people using Nia movement with White and Blue Belt principles to feel better.
Topics covered include philosophy of healing and The Body’s Way, sensation science, somatic anatomy, Nia movement, and how to work with music to enhance a therapeutic movement experience. The training places specific emphasis on the ethics of healing and compassionate leadership while considering the needs of diverse students, e.g. cancer patients, Parkinson’s Disease, trauma recovery or healing post-injury. The course includes topics on business and marketing.
This training is open to all individuals. In order to teach the program, you must be a current Teacher Member and complete the teacher apprentice program. Moving To Heal information
Moving to Heal Information and Optional routine video clips:
Nia Moving to Heal class format options & Into to “Massive Attack” routine:
What people are saying about what they gained from the M2H training:
Virgie, Nia Black Belt
- I gained the experience of truly breaking down the moves in an understandable way. I realized I had presented the 52 moves incorrectly.
- I learned how to best orchestrate a M2H class so as not to overwhelm students with unnecessary details.
- I realized permission of students is important.
- Don’t rush the moves. Allow them time to process what you are doing. Don’t overload students with lots of details and talk.
- I learned how to isolate and integrate the moves
- How to do the 52 moves in a chair
- Create a healing environment for myself and students.
Nadine, Nia White Belt preparing for Blue Belt
- What I gained from the M2H training is an opportunity to teach with my diagnosis.
- I learned ways to bring this form of Nia to populations with limited mobility, ie a chair and how to make it fun and engaging.
- I learned ways to breathe effectively for longer staying power.
- I learned there are three beautiful women ( the other trainees) who also desire to embody Moving to Heal.
- I got a peek into Blue belt with being in relationship with the body – “with”.
Inge , Nia White Belt
- Support from Casey & the other trainees that I can do this ( teach M2H)
- What I want myself and my class to experience.
- Healing movement for myself
- Refresher of 52 Moves – isolated in a chair
- How to teach routines in a less pressured way to use the beat, clarify base moves and provide an intention
- Confidence to keep teaching & dance with learning to teach
- Time to breathe
- Relationship of healing with my body, sensation, emotions & mind
- Form & Freedom, base & grounding, flexibility with freedance.
Julia, new to Nia.
- I’ve been empowered to actively engage in creating the circumstances for my own healing.
- I have been introduced to the breath of skill Nia teaches to help people experience the Joy of Movement and some stories and ideas to craft an experience for students.
- I’ve seen how to craft with music and word choices can make a dramatic change in the experience for students.
- I have a better understanding of what makes Nia, Nia and the potential is has for people.