Nia’s Moving to Heal
Nia Moving to Heal schedule with Casey 2022
Meet Casey video
NOW offered online via Zoom!
Nia Moving to Heal – Online
Online Zoom classroom $599.00
7 weeks Wednesday
May 4th – June 8th
12 pm – 2pm ET
Nia Hq Registration $250
Balance to Casey $349.00
Nia Moving to Heal Apprenticeship Groups
- I will teach the first 3 sessions and talk about Class Crafting for a Moving to Heal Class
- The 2nd 3 sessions will be a team teaching collaboration. (From past feedback, this is what participants loved, and learned the most!)
- You will have opportunity to work directly with the feedback forms to complete the MTH apprenticeship
- The Module and Lesson will be a random choice. (The MTH lessons are not sequential)
- Recording replays will be available for your study and review. These sessions are design for LIVE participation as best at possible!
I hope YOU can join! I have received a lot of wonderful feedback from participants that they were inspired and felt much more confidence to continue with the MTH apprenticeship and confidence in teaching a MTH class!
How to register:
First time registration $149.00 (continuing $99.00)
1. www.nia-yoga.com “classes offered” a. Create or finish your profile
b. “Services”/ Trainings
c. Purchase: MTH apprenticeship
2.Venmo: Casey Bernstein@Casey-Bernstein
3. PayPal: Casey Bernstein firstname.lastname@example.org Once you are registered you will receive an email providing the meeting Zoom link and additional information and documents.
Nia Moving to Heal Apprenticeship Group
Nia Moving to Heal Apprenticeship Group
Tuesday May 3rd – June 7th 6 week series
11 – 11:45a Focused Nia M2H Class
11:45 a – 12:30 p Feedback, Reflection and Mentoring
First time registration $149.00. Continuing $99.00
45 Minute MTH Class
45 Minute Reflection, Feedback and Mentoring
Contact Casey@nia-yoga.com or 518-348-9367
Designed with the unifying theme of healing, the Moving To Heal Teacher Training provides you with the knowledge and skills to deliver therapeutic benefits to students through the Nia class experience. Founded on the art of movement and the philosophy of The Body’s Way, you will learn techniques to successfully engage people using Nia movement with White and Blue Belt principles to feel better.
Topics covered include philosophy of healing and The Body’s Way, sensation science, somatic anatomy, Nia movement, and how to work with music to enhance a therapeutic movement experience. The training places specific emphasis on the ethics of healing and compassionate leadership while considering the needs of diverse students, e.g. cancer patients, Parkinson’s Disease, trauma recovery or healing post-injury. The course includes topics on business and marketing.
This training is open to all individuals. In order to teach the program, you must be a current Teacher Member and complete the teacher apprentice program. Moving To Heal information
Moving to Heal Information and Optional routine video clips:
Nia Moving to Heal class format options & Into to “Massive Attack” routine:
What people are saying about what they gained from the M2H training:
Virgie, Nia Black Belt
- I gained the experience of truly breaking down the moves in an understandable way. I realized I had presented the 52 moves incorrectly.
- I learned how to best orchestrate a M2H class so as not to overwhelm students with unnecessary details.
- I realized permission of students is important.
- Don’t rush the moves. Allow them time to process what you are doing. Don’t overload students with lots of details and talk.
- I learned how to isolate and integrate the moves
- How to do the 52 moves in a chair
- Create a healing environment for myself and students.
Nadine, Nia White Belt preparing for Blue Belt
- What I gained from the M2H training is an opportunity to teach with my diagnosis.
- I learned ways to bring this form of Nia to populations with limited mobility, ie a chair and how to make it fun and engaging.
- I learned ways to breathe effectively for longer staying power.
- I learned there are three beautiful women ( the other trainees) who also desire to embody Moving to Heal.
- I got a peek into Blue belt with being in relationship with the body – “with”.
Inge , Nia White Belt
- Support from Casey & the other trainees that I can do this ( teach M2H)
- What I want myself and my class to experience.
- Healing movement for myself
- Refresher of 52 Moves – isolated in a chair
- How to teach routines in a less pressured way to use the beat, clarify base moves and provide an intention
- Confidence to keep teaching & dance with learning to teach
- Time to breathe
- Relationship of healing with my body, sensation, emotions & mind
- Form & Freedom, base & grounding, flexibility with freedance.
Julia, new to Nia.
- I’ve been empowered to actively engage in creating the circumstances for my own healing.
- I have been introduced to the breath of skill Nia teaches to help people experience the Joy of Movement and some stories and ideas to craft an experience for students.
- I’ve seen how to craft with music and word choices can make a dramatic change in the experience for students.
- I have a better understanding of what makes Nia, Nia and the potential is has for people.